The Latest Development of Green and Sustainable Financing
This webinar will focus on recent developments and trends in the sustainable finance market and opportunities available for debt issuers in Hong Kong and the region.
Moderated by Atul Jhavar, Head of APAC Green & Sustainable Capital Markets at Barclays, the event will bring together a virtual panel of experts from industry to exchange views:
- Bertrand Jabouley, Head of Sustainable Finance, Asia-Pacific, S&P Global Ratings
- Venn Saltirov, Porfolio Manager, BlackRock
- Cheryl Tay, Senior Associate, Sustainable Finance Solutions, Sustainalytics
Topics to be discussed will include:
- Has ESG become mainstream in Asia
- Are Asian credit investors seeing increased client interest in ESG debt products
- What are market standards being promoted by investment banks, investors and ESG research/rating providers
- What is the interplay between corporate ESG risk ratings and second party opinions on ESG debt
- Is there an increased focus on ESG risks when it comes to providing credit ratings
- What are the pricing and execution benefits for issuers and what programs are available to help with the cost of issuing ESG debt
- Do we expect emerging trends such as sustainability-linked bonds and transition bonds to continue growing
- Has COVID resulted in structural changes to the ESG market and outlook for 2021
- Online registration only. Deadline: 4 November 2020 (Wednesday).
- HKIRA will confirm availability by email notification. HKIRA reserves the right to final say in registration discrepancies.
- The link to the webinar will be sent to the registered email closer to the event date.
- Registration is non-cancellable and non-refundable.
- Close to media