In combating the spread of Covid-19, strict social distancing measures have been launched by the Hong Kong government lately, meaning that all large-scale events have to be deferred or cancelled, while gatherings are to be restricted to 4 people or fewer.
Physical shareholder meetings have long been favored by listed firms and investors. However, with Covid-19, exploration of hybrid/virtual means to hold the annual general meetings (AGMs) this year is inevitable.
HKIRA has invited panel speakers to join us on a webinar to share their viewpoints and insights on possible options for listed companies to help navigate this AGM season.
This webinar will explore:
1. Legal and HKEX requirements on AGM
2. Legal constraints on hybrid/virtual shareholder meetings
3. Shareholders' concerns about the hybrid/ virtual-only structure
4. Technical requirement for hybrid/virtual meetings
5. Case sharing on hybrid/ virtual shareholder meetings
Date: 22 April 2020 (Wednesday)
Time: 5pm - 6pm
Accreditation: 1 CPD hour (HKIRA members only)
Fee: Free for HKIRA members ; $100 for non-members
(*The link to the webinar will be sent to the registered email closer to the event date.)
About the Speakers
- Online registration only. Deadline: 17 April 2020 (Friday).
- HKIRA will confirm availability by email notification. HKIRA reserves the right to final say in registration discrepancies.
- The link to the webinar will be sent to there registered email closer to the event date.
- Registration is non-cancellable and non-refundable.